Wong on Web Archive
Reproduction and Ordering Information
Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale
The FACES scale may be reproduced for clinical/research use as it appears in the following publications:
- Hockenberry MJ, Wilson D: Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children, ed 8, St. Louis, 2007, Mosby.
- Hockenberry MJ, Wilson D: Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, ed 8, St. Louis, 2005, Mosby.
- Wilson D, Hockenberry MJ: Wong’s Clinical Manual of Pediatric Nursing, ed 7, St. Louis, 2008, Mosby.
Complimentary copies of the FACES scale are available from:Purdue Pharma, L. P.
One Stamford Forum
Stamford, CT 06901-3431
Phone: (800)733-1333 or (203) 588-5000, ext. 7314
The Reference Manual for the Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale describes the development and research (validity, reliability, and preference) of the scale, including several unpublished studies. It is available for a nominal fee ($5 US funds) from:City of Hope National Medical Center
City of Hope Pain/Palliative Care Resource Center
1500 East Duarte Road
Duarte, CA 91010
Phone: (626)359-8111 ext. 63829
The Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale pins may be ordered for $5.00 each. Order forms are available from:Linda A. Toth
Post Office Box 2984
Sanford, North Carolina 27331
Permission to reproduce the FACES scale is required only if it is to be included in copyrighted material, such as an article or a book, or an agency's forms. Use the online permission form
Downloads of the FACES scale
- GIF (5.11Kb, for websites)
[using your browser, File - Save As]
(also, 0-5 and 0-10 FACES Scale and 0-10 FACES Scale)
- Bitmap format, 300 dpi (1.67Mb, 353Kb ZIP, 384Kb self-extracting, for basic desktop publishing)
- Bitmap format, 600 dpi (6.67Mb, 888Kb ZIP, 918Kb self-extracting, for good desktop publishing)
- Bitmap format, 1270 dpi (27.4Mb, 1.17Mb ZIP, 1.20Mb self-extracting, for better desktop publishing)
- Bitmap format, 2540 dpi (113Mb, 3.89Mb ZIP, 3.92Mb self-extracting, for high-quality desktop publishing)
- EPS - complete (690Kb, for best quality publishing; fully scalable and layered; includes both 0-5 and 0-10 scales and multiple translations - these will have to be hidden or deleted if not desired)
- EPS (1.34Mb, for best desktop publishing)
[can alter resolution, but image must be cropped down]
- PDF (13.7Kb, for basic desktop publishing)
An Example of Usage
We appreciate your comments regarding the use of the Wong/Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale, especially the results of any research you have conducted with the scale.
- Donna L. Wong, PhD, RN, PNP, CNP FAAN
- Connie M. Baker, MS, CLS